Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yogurt Pops

This isn't exactly a recipe, per se, but they are soooo good, and I haven't met anybody else who makes them. My mom used to make these for us when we were kids, and the first time I had "official" frozen yogurt, I was baffled by the fact that it tasted so much like ice cream, and nothing like the literally frozen yogurt that I was used to.

These are a great alternative to ice cream or a regular popsicle, and go over really well with my son when he's cutting a tooth.

Ingredients
  • 2 6oz cups of low-fat yogurt, any flavor you like ($1.00)
(Total Cost: $1.00)

Divide yogurt evenly into popsicle molds, put sticks in place, and freeze. Run warm water over molds to release popsicles before eating.

Serves: 4 (your popsicle molds may make more or less)
Cost per serving: $0.25

This recipe costs even less if you take your yogurt from one of the large cartons instead of using the individual cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment